Google Photos Blog - News, Tips and Tricks from the Picasa team

Ready for our close-up

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 9:45 AM



A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes there's still more to say. That's why I'm happy to introduce our new Google Photos Blog. We'll be using this space to post feature updates, photography tips, and (of course) some of our favorite photo albums, all of which will keep you current with the latest developments from the Picasa team.

As you might've guessed from the name of this blog, our Santa Monica team works on more than just Picasa and Picasa Web Albums -- we're responsible for a variety of photo-related technology here at Google, such as hosting Blogger's image-uploading infrastructure, developing Orkut's photo picker, and creating Mapplets for browsing geotagged photos inside Google Maps.

I myself am a newcomer to this team; I joined a few months ago as a transfer from our London office. It's been an exciting move -- partly because we have some really-neat photo products in development, and partly because sunny Southern California is where I grew up. Seeing as how my new job is all about helping you organize and share your photos, I thought I'd start by posting a few pictures of my own from my time in England.

We hope you'll visit us often for more visual news and notes!

image of Cambridge sign