Google Photos Blog - News, Tips and Tricks from the Picasa team

Importing Photos in Picasa 3.5

Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:29 AM



We re-designed the import experience in Picasa 3.5 to make it easier to organize your photos, right when you download them from your camera. Now when you click "Import," you can control exactly which photos you want to import to your computer, which ones you want to upload to Picasa Web Albums, including what resolution you want and who to share them with.

As an example, I recently took some great pictures sailing with my family, and when I returned home I wanted to do different things with the different photos. With Picasa's improved Import features, I was able to control which images I only wanted on my computer, which images to post for the world to see, and which images I preferred to share just with my friends.

I think it's funny to hear my friends say I'm a Picasa and Picasa Web Albums expert...little do they know how easy it all is. Check out this video to see what I mean: